Thursday, August 13, 2009

Contemplating an affair with a peach

My DH and I went peach picking and all day I thought about what to do with them. That's when I decided to get in a jam... Slip the skin off a dozen peaches by dipping them in very hot water. Remove their pits and dice the flesh. You should have about 3 cups. Place the fruit in a heavy bottomed pot and add 1 cup of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon allspice, 2 teaspoons lemon juice and 3 tablespoons finely diced ginger. Simmer over medium heat for about an hour. Ladle into jars and store in the refridgerator for up to a month.


My DH and I went peach picking and all day I thought about what to do with them. That's when I decided to get in a jam... Slip the skin off a dozen peaches by dipping them in very hot water. Remove their pits and dice the flesh. You should have about 3 cups. Place the fruit in a heavy bottomed pot and add 1 cup of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon allspice, 2 teaspoons lemon juice and 3 tablespoons finely diced ginger. Simmer over medium heat for about an hour. Ladle into jars and store in the refridgerator for up to a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment