Monday, September 28, 2009


Grind your own flour! Freshly ground flour contains all of the good stuff that's been removed and sold back to you in separate containers. There are many kinds of grinders - some with stone burrs and some with steel. Mine is an attachment to my Kitchenaid. I grind different wheats and corn for my breads and baked goods. It's easy, quick and certainly healthier. You get extra fiber, vitamins and minerals and it hasn't been sitting on a store shelf for months. Once a week, I grind my flour and store it in the refrigerator, using it up by the end of the week. I can recommend a terrific book on the subject, Flour Power by Marty Basey. In this comprehensive book, the author describes different wheats and their uses, where to purchase them, and the pros and cons of many kinds of grinders. It's very easy and takes very little time for all of the benefits. And you can't beat the taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment