Monday, December 28, 2009

Eggs in a Snowstorm





















I found this terrific recipe from the blog Inn Cuisine that I thought I would try out today.  It is called "Eggs in a Cloud."  I thought that mine looked more like an egg in a snowstorm.  Whatever it's called, it's delish.  Here's the recipe for two.

Ingredients:

2 eggs, room temperature
2 slices of bread
2 slices of Canadian bacon
2 slices of swiss cheese (or cheese of your choice)

You start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F, and toasting two slices of somewhat sturdy bread (whole wheat is great.)  Then you separate two eggs and whip up the meringue to hard peaks.  Take a cookie sheet, line it with parchment, silpat or aluminum foil and place the toast on it.  Then, put the bacon next, and cheese after that.  Spoon the beaten egg whites on top of the cheese, making a well in the center.  Carefully slide the egg yolk in the center of the well, bolstering the sides so it won't slip out.

Put the eggs in the oven and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until the egg white edges are tinged to a light brown color and egg yolks are set.  Remove from oven and plate up!  It is truly a new way to enjoy breakfast.  I hope that you will try them.

2 comments:

  1. You are a winner! Since you and only one other person signed up for springerle, I'll be sending you each a box. Go to my profile page and click on my email link and you can send an email directly to me. Thanks for participating! I see you are in the museum/library field and I have to agree that the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I eagerly await the springerles!

    ReplyDelete