Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cheese Crackers

While blogging I found a recipe for Cheese Crackers that are supposed to taste like Cheez-Its.  I hope so as I'm addicted to those little bad crackers!

Heres' the recipe from http://kimberlys-cup.blogspot.com/2009/04/going-crackers.html:

1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 cup flour (I used white the first time I made these, but today I used my regular wheat flour I mill.)
4 Tbl butter or margarine
1/2 tsp salt, plus more to sprinkle on top
dash of paprika and cayenne pepper, to taste
1/4 c water

Grate the cheese in your food processor or hand grater.  Add remaining ingredients except water and mix.  Add water and combine.  Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Turn mixture out onto a buttered baking sheet and roll with a rolling pin, until even.  Cut into little rectangles or squares with a knife or pastry/pizza wheel.  Or you could cut out shapes with small cookie cutters. Sprinkle with sea salt, roll again with rolling pin and bake for about 10-14 minutes.  Or until desired color.  Enjoy when cooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment