Whole Wheat Date and Nut Bread
I used 1 1/2 cups of wheat flour and 1/4 cup bran flour. We really liked it.........................
- 8 ounces pitted dates
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- Heat to 350°F Grease interior of loaf pan.
- Place dates in food processor (make sure there are no pits) along with 1 cup of the water.Pulse into a coarse puree, then add the egg, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and the remaining 1/2 cup water. Pulse until mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Sprinkle the flour over the date puree, and pulse until mixed.
- Add raisins and nuts to mixture and stir to mix.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan, and bake 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick can be removed clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack about 15-20 minutes, then turn out bread to cool completely.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and store for one day before slicing.