Friday, July 29, 2011
Oatmeal Cran Whole Wheat Cookies
I thought the use of Whole Wheat flour was inspirational and made them this morning. Warm out of the oven, with a cup of cold milk, it was the perfect after lunch snack.
I swapped in white chocolate chips and walnuts. I did not chill the dough. I used a melon baller to make the cookies and baked them for 15 minutes on parchment paper. I then turned off the oven and left the cookies in for another 4 minutes pulling the baking sheet before over browning occurred.
Here is the recipe tweeked:
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup oats
3/4 cup mixture of chopped walnuts, craisins, and white chocolate chips
In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the dry mixture into the wet until just combined.
- Stir in the oats, walnuts, craisins, and white chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet and spoon dough in 1-1/2 inch balls onto the sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes and cool on a wire rack
Recipe yields about 24 cookies