Monday, January 28, 2013

Getting Ready for a (Late) Robert Burns Dinner

As my DH is part Scottish, I decided to hold a tribute dinner to the Scottish poet, Robert Burns.  I set the table with a nice tartan runner that I made this morning, added our Edinburgh crystal whisky glasses and candles.  On the menu is Beef Stew (sorry, we won't be having Haggis tonight), and what would a Scottish dinner be with Walkers Shortbread for dessert!

Here I started the setting the table.


Notice the apples?  They are really candles.  Love them!  I have to look up the tartan to see which one it is.

Someone decided to join the party.  His name is Emmet and he is Irish.  I had fun deciding what Aran sweater to make for him.  The pattern has Twisted Stitch, Jacobs Ladder, a cable and moss stitch.  I paired it with a Tam O'Shanter with a green bobble and a green scarf.




Sláinte!

Robert Burns "Address Tae the Haggis" performed by Harry MacFadyen

No comments:

Post a Comment